Social media users are invited to apply for access to a two-day event culminating in the triumphant end of NASA’s Cassini mission to Saturn after nearly 20 years in space. Up to 25 selected participants for the September 14-15 event will tour, explore and share their experiences from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California.
Writers, vloggers, photographers, educators, students, artists and other curious minds who use social media to engage specific audiences are encouraged to apply.
NASA Social participants will have the opportunity to:
- tour JPL, including a visit to mission control and the Spacecraft Assembly Facility
- meet Cassini mission scientists and engineers
- share in the final moments of the Cassini spacecraft in orbit around Saturn, live from the JPL media site
- meet fellow space enthusiasts who are active on social media
- meet members of NASA’s social media team
NASA Social registration for this event opens on this page on Thursday, June 22, and the deadline to apply is Thursday, June 29 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. All social applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.